Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yummy breakfast today

Well I asked the boys what they wanted for breakfast, and half an hour and lots of negotiation later, they agreed on waffles. Me being me, no ordinary waffles would do, and I sneak in healthier,more nutrient dense foods when I can. So this is what I came up with today.

Vegan Oatmeal Waffles
Nutrient dense, high fiber waffles that my kids LOVED and asked for seconds.



Ingredients:
2 Cups - All purpose flour
1 cup - dry quick oats
1 Cup - Silk Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened
2 tbsp - canola oil
1/4 cup - brown turbinado sugar
3 TBSP - Golden Flax Meal
1 tsp - Baking Powder (Aluminum Free)
1/4 tsp - sea salt


Directions:

Heat waffle iron while you prep ingredients

Mix dry ingredients

Add wet ingredients and mix well, lumps are to be expected

Spray waffle iron with cooking spray

pour 1/3 cup batter in each waffle form

follow directions for your particular waffle iron. In general, wait till steam stops coming from sides of iron, check to make sure sides are cone, this is a dense batter.

top as desired and serve 

Nutrition Information:
Makes 10 waffles
Per waffle:  Calories: 171;    Carbs: 29;    Fat: 5;     Protein: 4;    Fiber: 3;     Potassium: 47

If you try them, stop back & let me know how you liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment