Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Lorax



Saturday is family day and we generally go to the Children's Museum, or the park. But it's income tax time (yay!) so we had a few extra dollars to go see a movie...and in 3D! (my first - yes I know - I'm decidedly behind the times, I just got my first cell phone..... go ahead, I'll wait till you pick yourself up off the floor to continue......you back at the keyboard? Okay....)

The movie was outstanding, cracker jack animation, and the 3D was enchanting, and it provided a good opportunity to talk to the boys about sustainability and the importance of not placing too much importance on money. Danny DeVito as voice talent for the Lorax was absolutely perfect,and Betty White as Grandma was outstanding! And of course, there was a non-verbal character who stole the show in little Pipsqueek (so funny when he gets marshmallow teeth when the Once-ler first arrives in the valley).

It was a classic tale of good, evil, good gives in to evil,good redeems itself. And it was presented in an entirely entertaining and engaging manner. I know that I enjoyed it more than the other adults, I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it more than a lot of the kids, and yes, I did cry.....and I'm not ashamed to admit it! 

If you have a short-list of movies you'd like to see, I'd surely recommend placing the Lorax at the top. And it's a definite for owning on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment